Tutoring and Private Lessons
- Tutoring is available for adults, teens, and children, and includes private lessons, semi-private lessons, student groups, and lessons for members of an immediate family.
- Tutoring is tailor-made to suit the needs of the students.
- K-12 student groups are an economical option for 3 or more students.
- We ask students to pay one month in advance for a minimum of 2 hours.
- AFSR will credit tutoring lessons only if notice of cancellation is given 48 hours in advance to the instructor.
- Make-up for lessons is available when student(s) and the instructor have agreed to postpone the scheduled lesson at least 48 hours ahead of time.
For more information, please view our School Policies.
Classes are taught at specific proficiency levels, from A1 through C2, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Visit the Course Levels page for more information or to take a proficiency test.
Please contact the school director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions about our tutoring program or placement.
- Private lessons, regular or AP (Advanced Placement for high school), are one-on-one and ongoing.
- A minimum of 2 hours of private tutoring are requested to be paid in advance each month.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Instruction is tailor-made to help teenagers prepare for the AP French Language and Culture exam.
- Pricing: Adults: $75.00/hour ($85/hour if the teacher travels to the student more than 10 miles from the teacher’s home)
- Youth: $60/hour ($70/hr for travel)
- Semi-private lessons are offered to two students for regular or AP (Advanced Placement for HS) instruction, tailor-maid to suit student needs.
- Sessions are one month (2-3 lessons minimum) paid in advance.
- Pricing: Adults: $80/hr ($40.00/hr each) $45/hr if the teacher travels to the student (more than 10 miles from the teacher’s home
- Youth: $60/hr ($30/hr each ($35/hr for travel)
GROUP OR FAMILY LESSONS
- Group or Family lessons can be prearranged with the School Director.
- Sessions are one month (a 2-3 hour minimum) paid in advance.
- We charge $80/hour for a maximum of 4 family/group members or $90/hour if the teacher travels to the family (more than 10 miles from the teacher’s home) to defray transportation costs for the teacher.
- Group rates for Youth depend on # of students.