Upcoming Ateliers (Workshops) at AFSR
- * Please note that payment is only by check, not through this website * --- Date: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 2-5PM Location: At Julia Fornage’s home in Petaluma (details to follow for registered participants) Price: $60 – Please email Julia (or click on “Sign Me Up” below) to register, and bring a check for $60 made out to “Julia FornagePrepare and share a fabulous meal while learning and speaking French.This workshop offers students the opportunity to:
- Familiarize themselves with everyday French around the kitchen and meals
- Learn useful techniques in preparing French dishes
- Speak French in a relaxed atmosphere at a cozy home
Menu printanier (Spring menu): Entrée : terrine de saumon, mayonnaise faite maison et petite salade (salmon terrine, homemade mayo and small salad) Plat principal : gigot d'agneau aux pommes boulangères (roast lamb with buttered potatoes) Dessert : crème caramel aux fraises (crème caramel with strawberries)Programme du cours : 1. Faire connaissance (introductions) 2. Présentation du menu et des recettes (menu and recipe discussion) 3. Vocabulaire / expressions utiles (useful expressions) 4. Démonstration des techniques “du jour” 5. Préparation des recettes en groupe (group prep of recipes) 6. À table! Dégustation des plats. Bon appetit !
- Traveling to a French-speaking country in the new year? Want to improve your communication skills and gain pertinent cultural knowledge to enhance your trip?Learn useful expressions and dialogues through reading, speaking and role-playing. Learn practical vocabulary, helpful idioms and standard phrases, avoid making cultural faux pas, and acquire some knowledge of French culture before you take off for France or a francophone country!This workshop is geared towards Beginner through Early Intermediate level students, but some previous study of French is recommended.Books: Teacher materials only.Day and Time: Saturday, April 4, 2020 | 12-3pmLocation: AFSR Foyer - 182 Farmers Ln #200, Santa Rosa, CA 95405Instructor: Lisa BroderickFee: $50 for members, $75 for non-members.(Join the Alliance for an additional $25 and get the non-member rate with Membership Benefits!)