Upcoming Ateliers (Workshops) at AFSR
Atelier de Cuisine et Conversation avec Julia Fornage
Back by popular demand … Julia’s marvelous “Cuisine et Conversation” workshop ! Don’t worry if your French is rudimentary or rusty — you’ll be equipped with useful vocabulary, marvelous ingredients to whip up scrumptious dishes while surrounded by a supportive, enthusiastic group of francophones.
Date: Saturday, 16th Nov. 2019, 2-5PM
Location: At Julia Fornage’s home in Petaluma (details to follow for registered participants)
Price: $60 – Please email Julia (click on “Sign Me Up”) to register and bring a check for $60 made out to “Julia Fornage”
Prepare and share a fabulous meal while learning and speaking French.
This workshop offers students the opportunity to:
- Familiarize themselves with everyday French around the kitchen and meals
- Learn useful techniques in preparing French dishes
- Speak French in a relaxed atmosphere at a cozy home
On the menu: It’s apple season !
Apple and persimmon salad, Normandy-style chicken, Tarte Tatin (a type of upside-down apple tart – divine!)
Programme du cours :
1. Faire connaissance (introductions)
2. Présentation du menu et des recettes (menu and recipe discussion)
3. Vocabulaire / expressions utiles (useful expressions)
4. Démonstration des techniques “du jour”
5. Préparation des recettes en groupe (group prep of recipes)
6. À table! Dégustation des plats. Bon appetit !
Past Ateliers at AFSR
- Please join us for an afternoon of French language and botany on Saturday, September 7 from 2:00 – 4:00pm, presented by AFSR teacher Kate Levine.Kate will explore the history of “phytothérapie “ (study of medicinal plants) in Europe and France in particular, as well as study some botanical preparations. Since this is a hands-on workshop, you will learn to prepare a lavender oil infusion (using the harvested lavender in the photo) and its various applications.