Activities and Events at AFSR
- * Please note that payment is only by check, not through this website * --- Date: Saturday, Feb 29. 2020, 2-5PM Location: At Julia Fornage’s home in Petaluma (details to follow for registered participants) Price: $60 – Please email Julia (or click on “Sign Me Up” below) to register, and bring a check for $60 made out to “Julia FornagePrepare and share a fabulous meal while learning and speaking French.This workshop offers students the opportunity to:
- Familiarize themselves with everyday French around the kitchen and meals
- Learn useful techniques in preparing French dishes
- Speak French in a relaxed atmosphere at a cozy home
Menu - Repas marocain végétarien - Salade d’oranges, pistaches, dattes et chèvre frais, salade de carottes à la marocain, tajine de pommes de terre et de patates douces au citron confit, et briouats (stuffed phyllo) aux amandes et à la fleur d’oranger
Moroccan vegetarian menu - Orange salad with pistachios, dates and fresh goat cheese, Moroccan carrot salad, tajine of potatoes and sweet potatoes with candied lemon, and briouats (stuffed phyllo) with almonds and orange blossom.Programme du cours : 1. Faire connaissance (introductions) 2. Présentation du menu et des recettes (menu and recipe discussion) 3. Vocabulaire / expressions utiles (useful expressions) 4. Démonstration des techniques “du jour” 5. Préparation des recettes en groupe (group prep of recipes) 6. À table! Dégustation des plats. Bon appetit !
- Traveling to a French-speaking country in the new year? Want to improve your communication skills and gain pertinent cultural knowledge to enhance your trip?Let Julia know where you're traveling and she will customize her workshop to suit your itinerary needs. Learn useful expressions and dialogues through reading, speaking and role-playing. Learn practical vocabulary, helpful idioms and standard phrases, avoid making cultural faux pas, and acquire some knowledge of French culture before you take off for France or a francophone country!Books: Teacher materials only.Day and Time: Saturday, March 7, 2020 | 12-3pmLocation: AFSR Foyer - 182 Farmers Ln #200, Santa Rosa, CA 95405Instructor: Julia FornageFee: $50 for members, $75 for non-members.(Join the Alliance for an additional $25 and get the non-member rate with Membership Benefits!)